Wednesday, November 30, 2011

IU's Living Jerusalem Class is on Fiya

Awesome job Megan and Jenna!
While listening to your presentation Megan, I couldn't help thinking about Pro-Israel vs Pro-Palestinian. I wondered if a person could be both Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestinian. Can I be Pro-End the Occupation and also Pro-Israel and the Jewish state? Terminology becomes increasingly complex with all of these added layers of meaning we have discovered in this project.
Jenna- I thought MuJew was a really interesting concept. I think that this group should not restrict themselves from talking about the conflict. It seems to me that if you don't talk about it then it will inevitably become the elephant in the room. Finding Jewish IU students and Muslim IU students working to find commonalities I think is a step in the right direction. Eventually, I think these students would benefit from a open and honest dialogue about central issues like the conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment